Thursday 20 March 2014

Search Engine Optimization basics

I came across the SEO (search engine optimization) a few times when I was trying to find out how to get more people to view my blog. The IT gurus call it increasing traffic.

Since I didn't know what SEO meant I thought that many of you readers also wouldn't know and that I would write a post about it and how it works.


courtesy of: http://www.raidenhttpd.com/manual/img-tw/seo.png

Google has developed automatic algorithms that rank your site. They send out what are called “spiders” to “crawl” your site and check it for over 100 indicators that determine whether your site is valuable or useless. Some of the indicators include how recent you updated your site, back-links, domain age and the list goes on.
Google wants to provide their customers with relevant and useful search results that will help the customer. the most important thing you can do for your SEO is to create useful content that solves other people’s problems. If you are solving problems that people are searching for then it is likely that you are going to get ranked higher on Google.